Conference Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts is now open!
Please submit your abstract using Firefox or Google Chrome
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Congress of Radiation Research, which will be held in Manchester, 25 – 29 August, in 2019.
Call for Poster Abstracts Opens: 21 February
Poster Abstract Submission Deadline: 28 April
Notification of Review Outcome: 17 May
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance: 31 May
Programme Available Online: 19 August
The abstract submission process for ICRR 2019 will be through an online submission portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 31 May.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 31 May. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com. After this date, any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference for poster presentation only.
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
The abstract theme is a general heading under which the abstract will be reviewed and published. Abstracts must be submitted under one of the themes which best describes the subject of the abstract.
(1) Basic Mechanisms
Basic research evaluating/modelling the impact and cellular response to radiation.
Includes: Biological mechanisms responding to ionising radiation, including DNA repair and signalling, chromatin architecture/epigenetics, non-coding RNA, intercellular signalling (bystander responses) and radiation-induced signatures. Radiation chemistry and physics, including modelling. High LET/proton damage. Responses in neurons and stem cells. Radiation sensitive syndromes.
(2) Translational Research
Pre-clinical research aimed at improving the use of radiation for therapy and diagnosis.
Includes: Targeting DNA damage responses and hypoxia. Genomic determinants of radiosensitivity. Pre-clinical normal tissue radiobiology and consideration of distinct properties of cancer cells (e.g. metabolism and cancer stem cells). Pre-clinical studies of combined treatment modalities including immunotherapy. Nanotechnology and the use of microbeams.
Research interfacing at a clinical level.
Includes: Analysis and prediction of tumour and normal tissue responses to radiotherapy, including second cancer induction and benefit of fractionation. Molecular imaging, encompassing hypoxia. Clinical applications of particle therapy, radiation modifiers, precision radiotherapy and stem cell therapy. Modelling and theranostics. Interplay between radiotherapy and immunotherapy.
(4) Health Effects and Ecology
Research of direct relevance to human health and our environment encompassing low dose and low dose-rate exposures.
Includes: Radiation induced carcinogenesis and non-cancer effects, biomarkers, transgenerational effects, non-targeted effects, internal exposures, inflammation and immune system. Ecology and environmental impacts. Psychological and societal effects, and mitigation.
Detailed Submission Guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ICRR 2019. Abstracts which do not follow the below guidelines will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
Create an account
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ICRR 2019 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals.
The submitter is required to provide contact information for all authors of the abstract. The submitter must receive permission from all parties.
Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author. If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View Abstracts page.
Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 20)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- The name, affiliations and contact email must be included for the presenting author and co-author(s). The presenting author must be listed as the first author.
- Name, affiliation, and email of co-author(s)
- Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
- The abstract should contain information concerning the background of the research, aims, methods used and any key results and conclusions.
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information:
- Please provide 3 Keywords:
- Are you an early career scientist – up to 5 years? yes/no
- Please indicate which society you are a member of:
- Please indicate your professional status:
Submit Abstract Here
Review and Notification
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ICRR Programme Committee.
Accepted poster presentation notifications will be sent to the Presenting Author on Friday 17 May 2019.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance as a poster presenter, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the Conference and paying in full by Friday 31 May 2019.
Accepted Poster presenters are required to register by Friday 31 May 2019.
If an presenter fails to register by the stated deadline:
- The abstract will be removed from the abstract book and app.
- The abstract will be removed from the ICRR Conference Programme.
Presentation, Modifications & Withdrawals
The presenting author of an accepted abstract must attend and register for the conference. All accepted abstracts will be published in a book of abstracts, in the conference app and on the online programme.
Changes to Title & Text:
The abstract title and text must be correct at the submission deadline. Any changes in the abstract title or body will not be possible after the submission deadline.
Withdrawals & Changes to Authors:
After acceptance of the abstract, requests for withdrawal of an poster presentation must be received in writing to email@example.com by 31 May 2019 to avoid publication in the abstract book and final programme.
Additions or removal of author names will be permitted until 28 April 2019.
Changes to the presenting author will be permitted until 31 May 2019. Replacement presenters must be registered.
Any withdrawal or change of presenters requested after that date will not be considered and the abstract will be published in the book of abstracts.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlines above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ICRR 2019.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 31 May (accepted poster) to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author has received the consent from each co-author to provide their contact details to the conference organiser for the purpose of providing them with conference information.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 25 – 29 August 2019.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ICRR 2019 Programme Team firstname.lastname@example.org.Submit Abstract Here